Existing Member?

Mexico: Narco Encounters

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 14 June 2011 | Views [2397] | Scholarship Entry

I decided that I would spend my spring break from college in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico's murder capital, documenting real-life situations being faced by the people of Juarez. I knew the trip would be dangerous, but I never thought I would come so close to the people who were making this city so deadly.

I'm currently a student journalist at Florida Gulf Coast University.

My ambition is and always has been to tell stories. I've found the potential behind video is what drives a lot of change in this world and I've made it not just my passion, but my goal in life to bring my camera to places of the world that have rarely been seen. With that, all that matters to me is to have these stories shown on the biggest platform possible. Joining the World Nomads family with Nat Geo behind me, I know that my story can bring the unfamiliar faces of Arnhem, Land to the TV's sitting in front of America and the rest of the world's comfy couches. This is my goal.

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

About alexp


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.